1/2 (.5) NBCC training hour
Description of the course:
This training session will discuss the many ways that being in a "giving" and care-taking role can deplete one's emotional and mental reserves. Compassion fatigue can lead to burnout and depression, and can turn an effective individual into a non-productive one. This presentation will discuss the ways to practice self-care, prevent compassion fatigue, and stay in a healthy place so as to be more effective when helping others.
The goals and objectives for this training course are as follows:
- The participant will be able to identify signs of compassion fatigue;
- The participant will be able to identify the causes of compassion fatigue so as to be proactive and preventative.
- The participant will be able to explain the best approach to reversing compassion fatigue in themselves and others.
Amy Morgan, MSC, CFRC(D), CPSL-T(D), TECC-LEO
- CEO / Founder - Academy Hour, LLC
- Developer/Creator: Certified First Responder Counselor / Certified Peer Support
- Master’s of Science in Counseling, Bachelor’s of Science in Behavioral Sciences
- Former Training Officer for Oklahoma State Bureau of Investigation
- Mental Health Instructor - Justice Clearinghouse
- Tactical Emergency Casualty Care – Law Enforcement Officer (TECC-LEO) certified / NAEMT
- Advisory Board member – Warrior’s Rest Foundation
- Advisory Board member – Fire Captain Ryan J. Mitchell’s First Responders Behavioral Health Support Program
- Mental Health Advisor – Blue H.E.L.P.
- Survivors of Blue Suicide (C.O.P.S. Org.) Wellness Support Staff Member
- Critical Incident Stress Management (CISM) Individual Interventionist
- Instructor - International Public Safety Association
- Instructor - International Association for Directors of Law Enforcement Standards & Training (IADLEST) / FirstForward / Envisage
- PoliceOne.com /Lexipol contributing author
- Peer Support & Debriefing Partner, Warriors Rest Foundation
- Guardian RFID (Corrections) contributing author and YouTube channel contributor
- Author of therapy resource workbooks & training curriculum
- Certified trainer: ASIST-Applied Suicide Intervention Skills Training
- Certified trainer: QPR-Question Persuade Refer
- CPI Non-Violent Physical Crisis Intervention Trainer
- Mensa USA & Mensa Oklahoma member achievement