1 NBCC training hour
Upon enrollment, this training class will be added to your training library and you will have access to the class for 1 full year.
The goals and objectives for this training course are as follows:
- The participant will be able to list the causes of suicidal ideation.
- The participant will be able to identify the primary mental health concerns leading up to suicidal thoughts.
- The participant will be able to explain the best approach to discuss suicidal thoughts with an individual thinking of suicide.
- The participant will be able to discern the differences between suicidal ideation, attempt, and completion.
- The participant will gain an understanding of the clouded mental state of someone experiencing multiple stressors, loss and/or pain, and how this could lead to thoughts of suicide
- The participant will gain an understanding of the best approach for suicide intervention conversations.
Amy Morgan, MSC, CFRC(D), CPSL-T(D), TECC-LEO
- CEO / Founder - Academy Hour, LLC
- Developer/Creator: Certified First Responder Counselor / Certified Peer Support
- Master’s of Science in Counseling, Bachelor’s of Science in Behavioral Sciences
- Former Training Officer for Oklahoma State Bureau of Investigation
- Mental Health Instructor - Justice Clearinghouse
- Tactical Emergency Casualty Care – Law Enforcement Officer (TECC-LEO) certified / NAEMT
- Advisory Board member – Warrior’s Rest Foundation
- Advisory Board member – Fire Captain Ryan J. Mitchell’s First Responders Behavioral Health Support Program
- Mental Health Advisor – Blue H.E.L.P.
- Survivors of Blue Suicide (C.O.P.S. Org.) Wellness Support Staff Member
- Critical Incident Stress Management (CISM) Individual Interventionist
- Instructor - International Public Safety Association
- Instructor - International Association for Directors of Law Enforcement Standards & Training (IADLEST) / FirstForward / Envisage
- PoliceOne.com /Lexipol contributing author
- Peer Support & Debriefing Partner, Warriors Rest Foundation
- Guardian RFID (Corrections) contributing author and YouTube channel contributor
- Author of therapy resource workbooks & training curriculum
- Certified trainer: ASIST-Applied Suicide Intervention Skills Training
- Certified trainer: QPR-Question Persuade Refer
- CPI Non-Violent Physical Crisis Intervention Trainer
- Mensa USA & Mensa Oklahoma member achievement