1 NBCC training hour
This training session takes the standard "diversity" or "inclusion" class to a deeper level of understanding. We will discuss culture and how the various cultural backgrounds are alike and how they differ. Also discussed will be generational differences and how there are generalities based on age and the era in which we were raised. In addition to culture and generation, we will discuss similarities in differences related to gender, religion, socioeconomic status, career, and other identifiers. There will also be a discussion on various common mental illnesses & disorders, and understanding the similarities and differences in those who live with these as well as those with physical disabilities. This class includes participation activities.
Goals & Objectives
1.The participant will be able to identify the different generational categories within the current workforce and common traits of each;
2.The participant will gain an understanding of how individuals in various assumed categories may share both differences and similarities.
3.The participant will be encouraged to look for similarities and commonalities in others, so as to understand people who initially seem very different.
Amy Morgan, MSC, CFRC(D), CPSL-T(D), TECC-LEO
- CEO / Founder - Academy Hour, LLC
- Developer/Creator: Certified First Responder Counselor / Certified Peer Support
- Master’s of Science in Counseling, Bachelor’s of Science in Behavioral Sciences
- Former Training Officer for Oklahoma State Bureau of Investigation
- Mental Health Instructor - Justice Clearinghouse
- Tactical Emergency Casualty Care – Law Enforcement Officer (TECC-LEO) certified / NAEMT
- Advisory Board member – Warrior’s Rest Foundation
- Advisory Board member – Fire Captain Ryan J. Mitchell’s First Responders Behavioral Health Support Program
- Mental Health Advisor – Blue H.E.L.P.
- Survivors of Blue Suicide (C.O.P.S. Org.) Wellness Support Staff Member
- Critical Incident Stress Management (CISM) Individual Interventionist
- Instructor - International Public Safety Association
- Instructor - International Association for Directors of Law Enforcement Standards & Training (IADLEST) / FirstForward / Envisage
- PoliceOne.com /Lexipol contributing author
- Peer Support & Debriefing Partner, Warriors Rest Foundation
- Guardian RFID (Corrections) contributing author and YouTube channel contributor
- Author of therapy resource workbooks & training curriculum
- Certified trainer: ASIST-Applied Suicide Intervention Skills Training
- Certified trainer: QPR-Question Persuade Refer
- CPI Non-Violent Physical Crisis Intervention Trainer
- Mensa USA & Mensa Oklahoma member achievement